Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lesson 16: InDesign and Advertising Principles

This type of print ad is persuasive.  They are persuading the customer to buy shoes from ZU. The message of this ad is saying If you buy these shoes, men will fall at your feet. I like the design of this ad. I think it is pretty creative and will gain a lot of attention. I definitely think it is eye-catching, which is what they were aiming for. It is well-balanced. The tall buildings and the tall woman create a sort of symmetry. I really don’t see any improvements that need to be made to this ad. The only thing is that when I first saw this ad, I really didn’t know what it was for until I looked it up. Since the man’s eyes are looking up at the woman instead of at her feet, it makes me think that the advertisement is either for her outfit, smooth legs, or bold haircut and color. They needed to maybe make it more obvious that the ad is for shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment